Grandstream GXW4248 VoIP Gateway Nairobi
The Grandstream GXW4248 Kenya VoIP Gateway in Nairobi is a 48 FXS port VoIP gateway that can be used to attach analog devices such as phones and faxes to a VoIP network. The GXW4248 in Kenya has built-in support for several voice/fax codes and a mixture of 48 RJ11 FXS ports and a 50-pin Telco connector creates the GXW4248 Kenya VoIP Gateway flexible for a variety of uses.
The Grandstream GXW4248 VoIP Gateway is a next generation high-performance high-density VoIP gateway that is completely compliant with SIP standards and mostly interoperable with many VoIP systems, analog PBX and phones on the market. The Grandstream GXW4248 VoIP Gateway features 48 FXS analog telephone ports, rich telephony functionalities, wonderful voice quality, easy provisioning, advanced security protection, flexible dialing plans, and superb performance in handling high volume voice calls.
The Grandstream GXW4248 VoIP Gateway Kenya analog gateway offers small-to-medium businesses a cost-effective mixture IP and analog telephone system in Nairobi that allows them to enjoy the advantages of VoIP communications while protective investment on current analog phones, fax machines and traditional PBX systems.
Grandstream GXW4248 VoIP Gateway Features:
- 48 telephone FXS ports with both RJ11 and 50-pin Telco connectors, as well as per port LED
- Gigabit Ethernet and a backlit 128×32 graphic LCD display with support for multiple languages
- 2 SIP server profiles per system and independent SIP account per port
- Supported voice/fax codecs include G.711, G.723.1, G.726, G.729A/B, iLBC, T.38 Fax
- Advanced carrier grade 128ms-tail-length line echo cancellation
- Over-voltage and over-current protection (ITU-T K.21 Basic Test Level)
- Support VMWI, NEON LED and stutter tone for message waiting indication
- Automated provisioning using TR-069 or AES encrypted XML configuration file; TLS/SRTP/HTTPS for advanced security and privacy protection
- 48 FXS Ports
- FXS stands for Foreign Exchange Subscriber or Foreign Exchange Station. This port in gateways is used to connect an analog endpoint like a fax machine or an analog phone. A device which has an FXS port is capable of allowing an analog device to connect to a VoIP network. The Grandstream GXW4248 VoIP Gateway Kenya is equipped with 48 FXS ports which allows for easy connection of your analog device to a VoIP network so that you can enjoy making and receiving fast calls over the internet.
- HD Voice Quality
- The Grandstream GXW4248 VoIP Gateway series in Kenya supports a number of voice compression codecs including711, G.729, G.723, iLBC, G.726, and many others. It also uses noise suppression technologies such as Echo Cancellation and Jitter Buffer to deliver crystal clear sounds while filtering out any background noises which may interfere with communication during voice calls.
- Fax Support
- The Grandstream GXW4248 VoIP Gateway Kenya is configured to support T.38 Fax which enables you to create Fax-over-IP. 38 is an ITU protocol that dictates how fax audio traverses a packet-switched network, such as the Internet or a company’s LAN/WAN, reliably. In order for fax audio to traverse a packet-switched network like the Internet, the analog signal used by fax machines must be converted into digital packets.
- Maximum Security
- Grandstream GXW4248 VoIP Gateway Kenya uses a number of leading security protocols including TLS and SRTP security encryption technology to safeguard your VoIP accounts and calls from access by unauthorized persons and devices. This prevents the loss of important data or corruption of files due to access by malicious hackers.
- Cloud Management
- Grandstream provides a reliable and secure cloud service to deliver connectivity to its users at cheaper maintenance costs while enhancing operation and maintenance efficiency. The cloud service on the internet enables customers to gain direct access to Grandstream devices available on private networks such as IP-PBXs, audio gateways, and IP phones, therefore allowing simple remote maintenance and management of Grandstream devices. This kind of cloud service is specifically designed to meet the needs of large-scale installation, configuration, and maintenance and operation. Auto provisioning and configuration backup, online update, real-time monitoring and alert enable users to achieve efficient operation and maintenance, thus maximizing productivity in organizations.
- Automated – Provisioning – TFTP/HTTP/HTTPS
- The Grandstream GXW4248 VoIP Gateway Kenya has the ability to deploy information technology or telecommunications service by using embedded pre-deﬁned procedures that are carried out electronically without requiring any human intervention, thus making it very reliable and convenient.
- Conferencing Capabilities
- The Grandstream GXW4248 VoIP Gateway series supports 3-way HD audio conferencing. This therefore enables you to seamlessly connect and collaborate with colleagues from different geographical locations. It is a cost-effective means of communication which helps in saving time.
- Enhanced Visual Clarity
- Grandstream GXW4248 VoIP Gateway Kenya is equipped with a 128 x 32 dot matrix graphic LCD with DOWN and OK buttons and multi-language support which give you a quick access to details. The graphic LCD display screen provides its user with a comfortable viewing experience even in poorly – lit room conditions.
- Maximum Security
- The Grandstream GXW4248 VoIP Gateway Kenya uses a number of leading security protocols including TLS and SRTP security encryption technology to safeguard your VoIP accounts and calls from access by unauthorized persons and devices. This prevents the loss of important data or corruption of files due to access by malicious hackers.
- Carrier-Grade Security, Provisioning, and Management
- The Grandstream GXW4248 VoIP Gateway Kenya uses standard encryption protocols to perform highly secure remote provisioning and unobtrusive in-service software upgrades. Remote provisioning tools include detailed performance measurement and troubleshooting features, enabling network providers to deliver high-quality support to their subscribers. Remote provisioning also saves service providers the time and expense of managing, preloading, and reconfiguring customer premises equipment.
- Call Transfer: This advanced feature of the Grandstream GXW4248 series gateway allows the user to relocate an inbound call to another phone or messaging system by using a dedicated call transfer button, or software that has been configured for use on the Gateway.
- Call Waiting: You can hear another incoming call when you are already on an active phone call (beep). With the Grandstream GXW4248 VoIP Gateway you can also turn off call waiting so that incoming calls are directly sent to voicemail during moments you are active on another phone call.
- Call Holding: You can easily place an active phone call on hold in order to make or pick another incoming call using the premium Grandstream GXW4248 VoIP Gateway Kenya.
Grandstream GXW4248 VoIP Gateway – Technical Specifications
- GXW4216/4224/4232: 16/24/32 x RJ11 & 1/1/2 50-pin Telco connectors
- GXW4248: 2 50-pin Telco connectors
- 1 x 10M/100M/1000Mbps auto-sensing RJ45 port
- LAN Link, LAN Activity, Connection Per Telephone Port
- Backlit 128×32 graphic LCD display with support for multiple languages
- Window based carrier grade line echo cancellation, dynamic jitter buffer, modern detection & auto-switch to G.711
- 711, G.723.1, G.726 (40/32/24/16), G.729 A/B, iLBC
Fax over IP
- 38 compliant Group 3 Fax Relay up to 14.4kpbs and auto-switch to G.711 for Fax Pass-through, Fax data pump V.17, V.21, V.27ter, V.29 for T.38 fax relay
- Caller ID display or block, call waiting, blind or attended call transfer, call forward, do not disturb, 3-way conference, last call return, paging, message waiting indicator LED (NEON LED) support and stutter tone, auto dial
- DiffServ, TOS, 802.1P/Q VLAN tagging
- TCP/UDP, RTP/RTCP, HTTP/HTTPS, ARP, ICMP, DNS, DHCP, NTP, TFTP, TELNET, PPPoE, STUN, LLDP
- Flexible DTMF transmission methods including in-audio, RFC2833, and/or SIP INFO
- SIP (RFC 3261) over UDP/TCP/TLS
SIP Server Profiles & Accounts Per System
- 4 distinct SIP server profiles per system and independent SIP account per telephone port
- TFTP, HTTP, HTTTPS, TR069
- SRTP, TLS/SIPS, HTTPS, 802.1x
- Syslog, HTTPS, Web browser, voice prompt, TR-069
Universal Power Supply
- GXW4232/4224/4216: Output: 12VDC, 5A; Input: 100 ~ 240VAC, 50 ~ 60Hz
- GXW4248: Output: 24VDC, 6.25A; Inpu: 100 ~ 240VAC, 50~ 60Hz
- Operating: 0 °C ~ 40C; Storage: -20°C ~ 60°C; Humidity: 10% ~90% (non-condensing)
- Over-voltage and over-current protection (ITU-T Reccomendation K.21, Basic Test Level)
- Unit dimension:
– 440mm (L) x 255mm (W) x 44mm (H) (1U) (GXW4248)
– 440mm (L) x 185mm (W) x 44mm (H) (1U) (GXW4216/4224/4232)
- Unit Weight:
– 3.21KG (GXW4248)
– 2.63KG (GXW4224)
– 2.57KG (GXW4224)
– 2.39KG (GXW4216)
- Package weight:
– 4.31KG (GXW4248)
– 3.68KG (GXW4224)
– 3.62KG (GXW4224)
– 3.48KG (GXW4216)
- Desktop and rack mount with front brackets
- Power, LAN Link/Activity, Hard Drive Activity
Short & Long Haul
- 2 REN, up to 2km on 24 AWG wire
- Bellcore Type 1&2, ETSI, BT, NTT, and DTMF-based CID
- Busy Tone, Polarity Reversal/Wink, Loop Current
- FCC: Part 15 (CFR 47) Class B
- CE: EN55022 Class B, EN55024, EN61000-3-2, EN16000-3-3, EN60950-1, RoHS
- C-TICK; AS/NZS CISPR 22 Class B, AS/NZS CISPR 24, AN/NZS 60950
- ITU-T K.21 (Basic Test Level); UL 60950 (power adapter)