Avaya IP500 IP PBX Mombasa
The Avaya IP500 IP PBX in Mombasa is an IP telephony solution which builds a system of smart communications of any type of complexity. It is an essential instrument in improving the general decision making process within the office, improving the image of the business brand, enhancing customer service, resulting in maximum productivity. Modern day businesses rely heavily on the speed of response to emerging issues, therefore the importance of communication technology in business. With the right and advanced communication solutions in place, a business has a chance to outdo its competitors.
We call it clever and best communication – inserting communications abilities directly into business processes – supply chain management, customer service and decision-making – and their use for more responsive to the challenges of the market.
To succeed in an age of intelligent communications, you need to rely on the system joined voice and data services, built on the basis of IP PBX Avaya. This system must be dependable, efficient, and clever of supporting the new communication opportunities that excite innovation and increase profitability.
The Avaya IP500 telephone system in Nairobi is a base unit of the Avaya IP Office range, and is the most popular of the Avaya IP systems in Kenya. It is an Office Phone system Kenya specifically designed for small to medium businesses. The Avaya IP500 Kenya is a very inexpensive office telephone system in Nairobi, Kenya but when the business grows, extra licenses can be purchased to allow more features. This makes the Avaya IP500 Kenya base cost lower than other telephone system in Nairobi, making it the most preferred business communication solution.
The Avaya IP500 in Nairobi runs on Linux operating system, the ideal choice for telecom systems today. The system uses a mixture of analog, proprietary VoIP, proprietary digital and SIP protocols. The server hardware is provided by HP, and the PSTN gateways are provided by Avaya.
Avaya IP500 Kenya Phone System Features:
- Supports analog, digital and IP phones
- Up to 250 SIP trunks per server
- Up to 100 Voice Messaging ports
- 128 audio conferencing ports per server
- Long traditional PBX feature list
- Large conference call capacity
- Supports legacy Avaya and Nortel phones
- Conference call recording
- Large number of resellers
- Brand recognition
- Good multi-location capabilities
- No call center capability
- No IVR capability
- Licenses required for SIP trunking and phones
- From 1 to 6 servers are required, depending upon size and feature needs
- Support is expensive
- Older IP Office systems cannot be upgraded to Server Edition
- Smaller Avaya resellers have limited data networking and SIP knowledge